As I have alluded to in other posts earlier, I have been working on my Piece Of Shit 1964 Austin Healey Sprite off and on for, about the last twenty five or so years.
I finally got a bit done today that I should have done a couple weeks ago when I had the fucking engine out.
At the time I was just going to slap it back together so I just sanded some surface rust and sprayed it with some black spray paint over the sanded spots and put the engine and transmission back in it.
It looked like hell and wouldn’t ya know it, it came back and bit me square on the ass today.
I was using some Brake Clean to get rid of some greasy spots and that cheap paint instantly crinkled up like a cheap suit.
Fuuuuuuck me was I pissed.
That’s it then.
I started stripping parts off the cocksucker like I should have done the first time. Then I had to remove all that black fucking paint.
That was an unholy mess and took most of the day.
Of course with the engine and front steering/suspension still mounted I couldn’t get it all painted but I got most of it.
Forty bucks for stainless steel bolts, two more trips for laquer thinner and paint.
The engine compartment is now the color I wanted to paint the rest of the car. Eventually the whole thing will get stripped again and repainted but this is where I am at right now.
If you look closely under the steering rack you can see the original Baby Blue color of the car.
I always hated that color.
Here is the rest of the miserable sonofabitch.
The whole front end comes off with two pivot bolts and unhooking the wires for the lights.
That makes it SO much easier to work on the little monstrosity.
The thing is basically a street legal Go Cart.
Now I have to clean up and reinstall all the crap I took off and actually get the thing to run again.
There is no end in sight to the amount of work and money I am going to have to put into this thing but at least I have something to do instead of sitting in a bar.
I should have my head examined for opening this can of worms but there it is.